May 07, 2009
The Riley School Improvement Team consists of administrators, parents and staff members. The School Improvement Team meets twice a month from 3:30-4:30.
The school improvement team reviews student assessment data to assist in the creation of the school improvement objectives. The team develops strategies and activities for students, staff, and parents, and also monitors the implementation of the plan.
Riley will be working on the following Reading and Writing objectives for the 2009-2010 school year.
1. Differentiation between fact and opinion.
2. Determine the meaning of unknown words including prefixes, suffixes, root words, synonyms and antonyms.
3. How literary elements and techniques are used to convey meaning.
4. Summarize and sequence story events and distinguish between minor and significant details.
5. Improve expository writing performance.
The school improvement team is always looking for parental involvement on the team. If you are interested in becoming a member of the team please contact the school office.
There is a link below to the 2008 and 2009 school improvement plans.